Monday, 11 August 2008

Olympic Fever!

Spencer and I love, love, LOVE watching the Olympics! The opening cermonies were incredible. The music, colors, and pure man-power was breathtaking. We were so impressed, this was an unprecedented opening ceremony. I can't wait to see what they have in store for the closing ceremony. We've stayed up way too late to watch the events, and this is only the 4th day.

One of our favorite sports to watch is swimming. There have been so many world records shattered, it's hard to believe. Sunday night was THE MOST EXCITING men's relay I've ever seen! Michael Phelps, Garrett Weber-Gale, Cullen Jones, and Jason Lezak swam an incredible 4x100m relay. The "Frenchies" (as Garrett called them) had been talking trash. They said they'd crush the Americans and that they had no chance. Of course the Americans didn't want to lose to the FRENCH, so Lezak swam an amazing race and came from behind to win the gold! Not only did they win, but they smashed the old world record by posting a 3 minute 8.24 second time! Spencer and I were on the edge of the couch and yelling at the TV. We probably would have been yelling louder, but we didn't want to wake up Blake. When they won, we jumped up and celebrated. It was hilarious! I think that the picture of Phelps really shows how exciting the race was!

The men's basketball game vs. China was also exciting. I could gush on and on about how great the games are, but I won't. I would hope that anyone that can should get into the games. Afterall, they only come around once every 4 years!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Hey Tiare! So fun to read and catch up on things... Your little Blake is adorable. The Olympics are awesome- but they need to end so I don't have to stay up so stinkin late any more:) Ah...eastern time zone joys.

The Green Momster said...

Hey Lady T-
I love the Olympics too. I sort of quit watching after the swimming though. Chantell wanted me to ask you to add her to blog reader list. I though I did, but I may have had the address wrong. Here it is.

FoxyWilson07@yahoo.com

Hope all is well.

Chantell and Brock said...

Yeah I can finally keep in touch with you now. Thanks for adding me back on. That is so cool you want to be a p.e. teacher. You will be the prettiest one out there! By the way, I think Phelps is the greatest! He was sooooo much fun to watch! I wish he was still on.

Chantell and Brock said...

T Bird! I want to see more pics of little Blake! He is so precious! He is adorable!