Friday, 21 May 2010

Slacker

Yes. That is what I am. I have decided that I get little obsessions that last for a period of months, and then I move on. I call myself a slacker because I don't stick to one thing for a consistently long time.

Take journal writing. I remember in Young Women's the leaders would always read the deepest journal entries contemplating life and its true meaning (at the age of 14). Almost all of my entries went something like this "I know I haven't written in like 3 months, but I'll catch you up". No joke. My posterity is going to look at that and laugh. I have thought of writing in my will to burn my old kid journals to save myself embarrassment of writing such ridiculous and trivial things. You don't hear about a journal entry by the General Relief Society President that says "I love Ted" and the next day "I hate Ted". You get the picture.

Then again, if I'm dead, I wouldn't care what they thought of my musings. Hmmm. Maybe I'll rethink the burn request.

I can't promise that I'm going to write every week. But I'm going to up the ante and actually write something more often.

6 comments:

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Hi Tiare! It's Loreli, it was fun stumbling across your blog! Your children are darling! Hope all is well. LoR

Lindsay said...

hm. Sounds like MY journal. After Ted, on the next page did it say, "I love Todd" and then "I don't love Todd anymore. I love David." on the next?

Boshell Family said...

I didn't know you had a crush on Ted? Just kidding. Luv you

Nichole W. said...

I recently read through all my journals from when I was young and they are the same way. So funny. I need to start writing in my journal again, too.

Marianne said...

You are not alone my friend:) At least we try right?:)

J.R. said...

So, upping the ante means not posting for 5 months? hmm...just kidding. I guess the next one we can expect will start with "I know I haven't written in like 5 months, but..."