Saturday, 7 November 2009

Our Miracle



**Warning--This post is very long, read at your leisure**

She's finally here! We'd like to introduce you to our beautiful little girl...

Leilani Sophia Walker
November 2, 2009
6 lb 5 oz 19.5 in

Her arrival was quite a miracle. Many of you know that I didn't want to have a Halloween baby. Lucky for me, she didn't come on Halloween. I woke up a few times during the early morning hours of November 1st experiencing some contractions. They weren't too painful, so I quickly fell back to sleep. But from about 7 am, I was having contractions every 15 minutes. I figured that I'd just wait it out and see if they would get any closer. I power-walked my way to church while Spencer drove with Blake (we only live 3 blocks away). I'm sure my entire ward was laughing at the sight.

After church I realized the baby hadn't been moving so I decided to take a nap. When I woke up I noticed that she still hadn't moved. I kept thinking, "Am I being paranoid?" I started to pray and ask if I needed to go to the hospital. We went to my brother's birthday party and I kept feeling that we needed to go to the hospital and have them check the baby.

We left Blake with Nanna and went to the hospital. They conducted a Non-Stress test and the baby's heart rate didn't have enough variability. The nurse called my doctor and he decided to start my labor since I was 2 days overdue. After being on the Pitocin and having my water broken, I had only dilated from a 2 to a 3. The doctor was concerned that the baby wasn't dropping, I wasn't dilating, she hadn't moved, and her heart rate was dipping after every contraction. He thought it would be best to do a c-section. I didn't want to do it, but we had to do what was best for the baby. Within 15 minutes, I was in the operating room being prepped for the c-section. Just 15 minutes later, our little girl was born. It was a good thing we did the c-section because she had the cord wrapped around her neck 4 times. It had tethered her up so that she wouldn't have dropped and I wouldn't have been able to deliver her normally. The doctor said that if I had waited until my appointment on Monday the baby probably would have been still born.

Leilani is perfect and has had no problems. Other than being sore from the c-section, I am recovering just fine. We are so blessed; we've really experienced a miracle. We will always be grateful that we listened to the promptings of the Spirit.

8 comments:

The Green Momster said...

Oh, Tiare, she is just beautiful. What a blessing it is to have the spirit in our lives. Congratulations, the 2nd of Nov. is a wonderful day to have a baby. I hope all continues to go well.

The Green Momster said...

I forgot your e-mail address. Could you send it to me at jqb@jdsco.com I'll send you an invite for my blog.

Nichole W. said...

Congratulations! I am so happy she is here safe and sound. She is beautiful!

The Wright Spot said...

Congrats Tiare! She is so tiny and petite! She is lucky to have such "in-tune" parents.

The Byron Family said...

I am so glad you are both ok! Mommy's have a good instinct, it's a good thing you listened! She is adorable! congrats!!

Boshell Family said...

Tiare, you're awesome and Leilani is so beautiful.

Chantell and Brock said...

Oh my gosh... she is just gorgouse! I am so happy that every thing ended up going well after all. Her name is very pretty also. I love it. I have been waiting for a post to see this pretty little girl. Have so much fun with her! Girls are the best! Take it easy and keep healing. Hope to see you next time I come into town!

Laurie Nichols said...

Oh my goodness, she is so cute! I'm so glad to hear that she is here safe and sound! She truly is a miracle and I'm glad you and your little one are doing well! :)